miércoles, 28 de febrero de 2018

#Triathlon Athletes chatter ahead of #WTSAbuDhabi

More than 100 elite athletes will kick off the WTS season this Friday in 2018 ITU World Triathlon Abu Dhabi. In one of the most thrilling races in ITU history, with eight out of the top 10 male athletes and nine of the best 10 women triathletes from last year lining-up in the Yas Marina circuit. To get the season underway the first WTS press conference was held, so let’s hear what some of the stars of the race have to say about it: Vicky Holland (GBR) On her victory in Cape Town World Cup after returning from an injury: “Cape Town was my first race in nine months so I was a little bit worried, but it was very nice to be back racing, and especially with a victory.” On her feelings at the beginning of the season: “This is the perfect place to start the season, with most of the top athletes being here. Probably it has something to do with the Commonwealth Games coming soon. It will definitely be the place to test ourselves before that.” Kristian Blummenfelt (NOR) On his season in 2017. “It was great last year, especially last part of the season. I want to start 2018 the way I finished last year.” On his thoughts on the course. “I’ve been in Abu Dhabi twice, I have raced both downtown and last year here in the Yas Marina circuit, and I really lsetupis set up.” On training for this season. “I’ve been on the elite field for four years now, and I’ve been able to keep the momentum and stay injury free. The training during this winter has been really good so I hope to start the season alright.” Andrea Hewitt.(NZL) On her inspiring victory in Abu Dhabi last year. “I’ve been in Abu Dhabi a few times, but definitely, last year was very special. I don’t feel the extra pressure but It’s a little bit different this year as I’m involved in a few activities here since last Monday. I was helping and training with some kids and young triathletes from the Middle East, and it is really great to be supporting also the age group races.” On her role promoting the development of triathlon in the Middle East. “It is really great to be able to support those kids, more than 500 kids will do the kids triathlon here, and being a role model for them. Makes me think about when I did my first ever triathlon, back in 2005.” Mario Mola (ESP) On returning to Abu Dhabi after missing this race last year. “I really like this place, I love to race here and I really want to try this circuit. I have been training really well this winter to prepare for this race, and I’m really excited... Triathlon.org News Feed http://ift.tt/2t2R8BE